Tuesday, September 12, 2017

A Confession & Request

This Saturday was my first Saturday to teach again at Happy Hour. I have had a hard time going back, because there are SO many moms, and SO many little babies. It can be overwhelming at times, and to be really honest, it can be tempting to allow my mind and heart to travel, and to be resentful. I think that’s normal, but I also think it can be dangerous. My prayer is that the Lord would not allow me to be bitter, but to love the children and mothers that He has put in my life. Please be praying for that if you think about it!

This Saturday, as we were waiting for children to arrive, one of the little girls proudly showed me her children’s Bible, and asked me to read the story of Adam and Eve. I started to read the story, and a small group of other children gathered around. As I read, I was shocked at how un-biblical this children’s bible was. It was a cute little story about Adam and Eve eating the forbidden fruit, but completely missed the point of the story. The fact that Adam and Eve’s disobedience caused sin to enter the world, and the need for a savior – Jesus.

When I finished the story, another girl asked me if I had a Bible she could have. I asked if she had one at home, and she said she asked for one for her birthday, but her mom couldn’t afford it.

I began to think about how spoiled we are by the resources available at good prices in the US and realized that the variety of children’s Bibles in Bolivia is scarce.

One of my favorite children’s Bibles is called the Jesus Storybook Bible. It has beautiful illustrations, but more importantly, every story points to Jesus. I have a copy that I use to teach, and I love to see how Adam and Eve, Noah’s Ark, and the Walls of Jericho falling down all point to our need for Jesus.

I have found a site online that sells this Bible in cases of 20 for $179 with FREE shipping! That comes out to $8.95 a Bible! I would love to purchase a case of Bibles for my parents to bring down in October, and give them to children that come consistently for Christmas.

Would you consider donating $10-$20 dollars (or more :) ) to provide a family with a gospel-centered children’s Bible? Many of the parents have little education, and a children’s Bible is a perfect way for them to also have a clear explication of the gospel in a way they can read and understand.

To read more about the Jesus Storybook Bible, click here.

To make a tax-deductible donation through our mission organization, you can click here.

To make a non-tax deductible donation through check, you can send a check to my parent’s house – just send me a message and I will send you the address. :)

Thank you so very much!

Teddy hard at work coloring! We learned that God is love, and that he can fix our sinful hearts. 

They loved their "dolls". Thank you Susanne! None of the kids had ever seen googly eyes before.

My 2-6 year old class at Happy Hour.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How Can I Pray for Bolivia & COVID-19?

  Covid 19 has affected Bolivia in many ways, but these are three main three areas that stand out, and ways we can pray . 1.        Mid-Ma...