Friday, March 7, 2014

Hello from North Carolina!

For the next two weeks I will be in Charlotte, North Carolina for SIMGo! I will be learning more about support raising, meeting other missionaries, and learning more about what it will be like to serve with SIM in Bolivia!

Friday I left DFW and felt like a tourist in my own city! Airports are so exciting, and there’s something about them that makes me feel really small, but also more aware of how big God is. I ended up at the wrong terminal, so I got to use the Skylink for the first time in Dalllas! I got on the plane, and ended up in between a group of pastors from the East coast. It was so encouraging to hear them talk about how God has called them into ministry, and how He is working in the communities they are in.

I arrived in Charlotte, and a couple from SIM picked me up at the airport and brought me back to the residence hall. I will be staying with 17 other adults, and 12 children that are also in the process of going all over the world. So exciting! Several people that were here in January for SIMStart (orientation) will be here again this week, so it will be great to see them again too!

I will do my best to keep you updated (but not TOO updated) throughout the next two weeks! I listed some ways to be praying, if there is anything I can be praying about for you let me know! I would love to be praying for you as well. J

**WAYS TO PRAY**

  • Praise God for this time that He has provided, that He might use it as a time of learning and growth for myself and the other missionaries.
  • That we would continue to be dependent on God through prayer, rather than looking to our own abilities or strength.
  • For creativity and wisdom as we learn about communicating well at home and cross-culturally!         



  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    How Can I Pray for Bolivia & COVID-19?

      Covid 19 has affected Bolivia in many ways, but these are three main three areas that stand out, and ways we can pray . 1.        Mid-Ma...