Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Bienvenidos a Miami!

Bienvenidos a Miami!


Hello! As I write this, I am sitting in the Miami airport waiting for my flight to La Paz, Bolivia.  I have heard Miami called the Capitol of South America, and that definitely seems to be true. The airport still feels like the World Cup is going on – there are vendors everywhere, and the majority of travelers have jerseys! It is so interesting to be surrounded by so many different languages, and still be in the U.S.

This afternoon I went with my family to eat tacos one last time before entering the land of Taco-less Bolivia. After lunch, we went to the airport and my family and a few friends dropped me off. It was hard to say goodbyes, but also exciting to finally be so close to getting on the plane. My family and friends prayed for me, and I headed to security. I was the ONLY person going through the line, and had the nicest TSA agents I have ever met. I don’t know if I just got lucky, or if it helps to go through security with tears in your eyes. Either way, the agent APPLAUDED me on doing things well and quickly. I was shocked.

I got Starbucks one last time, and have been enjoying free wifi and sending as many texts as I want before I leave.

I am so excited to go, and sad to leave. I can’t wait to see how the Lord will work, and feel honored and completely unworthy of going. Please continue to pray for relationships with kids, new friends, old friends, and co-workers. Pray for open doors, and soft hearts!


SO CLOSE!!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Can I Pray for Bolivia & COVID-19?

  Covid 19 has affected Bolivia in many ways, but these are three main three areas that stand out, and ways we can pray . 1.        Mid-Ma...