Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Awesome Things I Didn't Expect!

“For when you did awesome things that we did not expect, you came down, and the mountains trembled before you.” Isaiah 64:3

Hello friends!
I have been reading in Isaiah, and at the beginning of this week, I wrote this verse at the top of my planner. Even though I KNOW God is powerful and can do awesome things, I don’t normally expect Him to.

As most of you know, I am in the process or raising financial and prayer support in order to move to Bolivia. In the past when I have gone to Bolivia or Mexico, I knew I was dependent on the Lord for financial support, but I also felt somewhat capable of doing it myself. I have spent the last 5 years saving for the time I would move to a different country; however, as I have prepared to MOVE to Bolivia, my dependence on the Lord has been tested. No longer is it something I am able to do, but something only God could do-which is probably how it should be. :)

Anyway, when I went to training several weeks ago in North Carolina, I was told that the visa for Bolivia can take up to three months to receive. I did some quick math, and realized that meant I needed to apply by April 15. Then I learned that I needed to be at 70% of my monthly budget before applying for the visa. Once again, my math skills told me that was highly unlikely to raise 70% of my budget in the next 4 weeks.

BUT GOD IS ABLE. Over the last few weeks, I have been overwhelmed by so many people that are willing to pray, and give of their resources to invest in what God is doing through me in Bolivia.
Then this morning I got a phone call that reminded me that God does do awesome things that I don’t expect. I had applied this week to receive support from my church in Denton, The Village. I knew it was a long process to get approved, and so I didn’t expect to be able to have it before I could apply for the visa. This morning I found out that I was “accidentally” included on the budget for this year already!!

What a great reminder that God was not surprised by the timeline of the visa or anything else. He has clearly led me to this point, and I am blown away by the ways He has provided through my friends, family, and even strangers. Within 2 weeks He has provided 40% of my monthly budget!! Thank you so much for your prayers, God is at work doing awesome things!

Please pray that God would continue to provide the rest of the support to apply for the visa, and monthly financial supporters as well.

Love you all!

If you are interested in giving monthly, this is a breakdown of what is left!
$100 monthly – 4 People
$50 monthly- 11 People
$25 monthly – 20 People
Mount Tunari, Cochabamba, Bolivia


No comments:

Post a Comment

How Can I Pray for Bolivia & COVID-19?

  Covid 19 has affected Bolivia in many ways, but these are three main three areas that stand out, and ways we can pray . 1.        Mid-Ma...