Thursday, April 17, 2014

En el amanecer y el anochecer!


And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light.  God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.” Genesis 1:3-5

In the last few years, the Lord has often used stories and analogies to teach me more about who He is. I don’t know how many times I've read this verse, but when I really started to think about it, its pretty crazy, and also really vague. When God decided to make light - it happened. When he decided to make the darkness - that happened. It says that He separated the light and the darkness, but it doesn't really explain how that happened, and that’s okay.

As I was thinking about the sunrise and sunset, God reminded me that speed is not most important but our praise. I am by no means an expert on the rotation of the planets, or anything else really. But, I do know that God is powerful, and he easily could have snapped his fingers each day to separate the darkness from the light. He could have just made a rule that at 8:30 PM, the sun and the moon switch places. God has the power to do things quickly and efficiently.

But instead, he choose to make it pretty. He allows the sun to set and rise slowly overtime, and He does the same thing in our lives. He could make things happen with a word, but he doesn't always. He allows things to happen over time, so that we can trust Him. So that we can see the colors that it makes. Just like a sunrise or a sunset, so much beauty would be lost if God allowed things to just happen with a snap of His fingers. 

As I began the support raising process, I had high hopes that God would snap his fingers and provide for every need. But I am so thankful He hasn't! The last month has taught me so much about what it looks like to be completely dependent on God. There have been moments when I cried in frustration with myself, but there have been countless moments where I have been blown away by God’s faithfulness to provide.

It has been so encouraging to me to be reminded in sunsets and sunrises that our God is not about efficiency or speed. He is powerful, but He is also the God that created the world. He really does make beautiful things, and makes all things beautiful in His time, not my own. I pray that you would be encouraged to remember that God is in charge of everything and He is good! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Can I Pray for Bolivia & COVID-19?

  Covid 19 has affected Bolivia in many ways, but these are three main three areas that stand out, and ways we can pray . 1.        Mid-Ma...