Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Christmas with the Graves


When I was in middle school, my family watched the movie “Christmas with the Kranks”. If you haven’t seen it, the family decides to not have Christmas, and instead go on a cruise. For the last ten years, my dad has joked about doing “Christmas with the Graves”, and just not celebrating Christmas.

This year was as close as he is going to get. J My family was in Bolivia for almost two weeks, and it was so neat to be able to show them this place that has become my home. They were able to spend time at the orphanage with the kids, meet the kids in my class at Carachipampa, meet friends from church, and explore the city.

As I thought about Christmas this year, I began to realize how crazy it is that Jesus came to earth. My parents came to Bolivia, and it was a big deal. They traveled over 4,000 miles. They sacrificed their comfort and their health. They basically became like children in a new country… not knowing how to do basic tasks. (My mom said that she had heard roles reversed from parents to children, but she hadn’t thought it would be so soon.) :)

My family probably wouldn’t SAY that they suffered to come to Bolivia, but it was definitely a sacrifice on their part to come to me. As I thought about the sacrifice they made to come to Bolivia, I was overwhelmed thinking about the way Jesus sacrificed in coming to earth. He left his comfort, He became a child, and he lived on earth WITH us. He understands, because He entered into life as a human.


Thank you all for making it possible for my parents to come! There are tons of pictures here on Facebook! If you would like to come visit for a week, a month, or a year, let me know! There are tons of volunteer opportunities, and I would love to introduce you to my home away from home. J

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Can I Pray for Bolivia & COVID-19?

  Covid 19 has affected Bolivia in many ways, but these are three main three areas that stand out, and ways we can pray . 1.        Mid-Ma...