Wednesday, January 7, 2015

New Year, New Job!


On New Year’s Eve, I normally try to take some time, and look over the last year. I try to keep a prayer journal, and so it is always encouraging to see how God has answered prayers…. Usually in a very different way than I expected.

As I looked back over this year, I was so encouraged to see God’s faithfulness. And sense of humor.

When I was looking back over a prayer from January, I found this, “So one of the options was  to just send Bolivia my application/ resume, and let them say what they would like me to do. And on one hand, that sounds great. It takes the decision making off of me, and allows them to say where they think I would fit, and also allows me to fill the need they have. BUT, it also terrifies me, in that they can say what they want me to do. If they give me a job and I cant do it, then what?”

I was so afraid I would be given a job I wasn’t qualified for/ able to do. So I sent my application in for the Librarian position, and God worked how he wanted anyway. :)

Last semester I got the opportunity to teach 1st grade. There were things about it that I loved, but at the same time, I often felt like I had no idea what I was doing. I was so thankful for the ways God provided, but when I found out there was a 1st grade teacher who would be starting in January, I was very relieved.

Then, a few days before the semester began, the PE teacher had a stroke. I read the email with the prayer request, and prayed. Did I think about the implications for me? Not at all. Then we get to in-service, and my supervisor asked me how I felt about teaching PE. I laughed. And then I quit laughing when I realized she was serious. And then I started laughing again.
If you know me at all, you know how ridiculous that idea is. I avoided PE like the plague in middles school. One of my best friends and I met in PE because we both hated it.  And know, here I am. 

I am amazed at how God heard my prayer last January. He let me “decide” which job I would like in Bolivia. But at the same time, He knew I was relying on my own strength – not His. And so, once again, I am back to trusting Him. I am back to relying on who God is, rather than who I am. And it is so much better this way! Please pray for creativity and energy as I begin to teach PE. But more importantly, please pray for a dependence on the Lord, and not myself.
Love you guys!

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 2 Corinthians 1:9

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Can I Pray for Bolivia & COVID-19?

  Covid 19 has affected Bolivia in many ways, but these are three main three areas that stand out, and ways we can pray . 1.        Mid-Ma...